New Hampshire Homeschooling Resources
Home Education Advisory Council
Attachment to meeting minutes
November 7, 1995
- It is the understanding of the Council that the subjects listed in 193-A:4,I are to be covered in a multi-year home education program, and that not every subject needs to be taught every year.
- It was the rule making intent of the Council to have the school districts supply an evaluator of the district's choice when a homeschooler requests that a district supply one to fulfill the annual evaluation requirement [Ed 315.06, a]
- It was the rule making intent of the Council and it is the Council's understanding of 193-A and Ed 315 that parents may:
- notify a participating agency after August 1st of their intention to homeschool if they follow the guidelines in Ed. 315.03 (d);
- remove their child from school upon sending a letter of such intent to the Commissioner of Education;
- have 30 days to provide a complete letter of notification to the participating agency of their choice.
- It was the rule making intent of the Council and it is the understanding of the Council that a parent's eligibility to establish a home education program for an "educationally handicapped child" as defined under RAS 186-C:2, 1 is not dependent on the participating agency's approval of the details of that program. [Ed. 315.02]
Document source: New Hampshire Department of Education, hardcopy.
07 Feb 1999
1999 Daniel E. Watts.
All Rights Reserved.
Internet services provided by Dimentech